Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge - Layers and Dimension - It's A Boy!

I knew I wanted to make a card for my dear friend Paula who found out her first grandchild is going to be a boy! The news that she was going to be a grandparent at all was so shocking and upsetting to her that it gives me so much joy to see her finally embracing and celebrating it! And so I wanted to celebrate right along with her!


The card is being entered into the Layers and Dimension Lawnscaping Challenge, which I always love! I pulled out my LF sets to see what would work for a little boy and I was immediately drawn to the bug in "On the Mend". Bugs just seem like such little boy things! And it was fun to make a baby card and stay away from the obvious other stamps, like the stroller or onesie!


The sentiment is from "Harold's ABCs" and I also used Fiskar's punches for the grass and both sizes of clouds. I used tons of dimensional stickers - probably more than on any other project. But in the photo you can really see the shadow where the layers really pop!


Congrats Paula, and I can't wait to meet your new grandson!

Hope you like that card, and let me know what you think!
Jen

6 comments:

  1. Tee hee! This is absolutely adorable!!!!! And congratulations Paula! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card very cute and adorable,the clouds n & the grass is perfect touch, thank u for playing at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, you really incorporated the dimensions wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute. I love those clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this card is cute as a bug! ;o) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how much awesomeness the dimension adds to this scene. I especially love the banner and clouds. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete