Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge - Paper Piecing - Thank You Family!

Time for a new Lawnscaping Challenge!

This time the challenge is called Paper Piecing, which is when you cut out a stamped image or parts of a stamped image from different colored payer and layer them. It's a fun effect and Lawn Fawn stamps work really well.

I created the card for the Johnson Family who just had us over to their house for dinner. It was a great time with great people - and Carolyn was so sweet to make a special low fat, low carb dinner since she knows I am on Weight Watchers. It was so sweet of her to go that extra mile to make sure I could eat with everyone and still feel like I am doing the diet. She's a great gal!

We took their son Calvin a cash box with play money, coins and a cash machine which he really seemed to enjoy. We also took the dog a rawhide and I brought a low fat version of Funfetti Cake Dip with animal crackers for dessert. It went over very well! I also introduced everyone to Pintrest, my new obsession and Chuck also installed the birthday light timer, which I know they will love having!

Overall, great time with great friends! And I hope they like this thank you card!

I used the Critters in the Forrest stamp set for the animals and the Jessie's ABCs for the alpha.

Let me know what you think!
Jennifer

PS - these pictures were taken with my new iPhone 4S camera. Love that thing!!




4 comments:

  1. Oooooh, this is fantastic... Love how you cut out half a circle on your card front.... Super duper cute! Love the text background also! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping for our Paper Piecing challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....this is so cute, great paperpiecing on the critters and the text background so adorable. Thank u for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only did you do a great job on this challenge, I think your cut out adds such a fun element! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Very creative. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete